Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Get This Song Out of my Head before I go Crazy Song

Over this last weekend, I discovered a song by Shakira called "Waka Waka". I loved, loved, and loved it. I use the past tense due to the fact that I listened to it so much yesterday (over and over and over) that I arduously had to try to fall asleep last night because the song kept running through my head. I finally resorted to using my "get this song out of my head before I go crazy song", "Hakuna Matata" from the "Lion King", to push the song out of my head. Oui, the only song that will push any other out of my head is “Hakuna Matata.” The good thing is that “Hakuna Matata” does not get stuck in my head and it is rather good. J

At any rate, "Hakuna Matata" worked its magic, boda bing boda boom, the song was out of my head. Phew, I was about to go crazy! I like my sleep and that song was keeping me from it. Grrr. I fell asleep shortly thereafter. Any who, I still like the song and would love to listen to it but fear that doing so will ultimately get the song stuck in my head again. What am I to do? Such a dilemma, silly as it may sound. I will not listen to it for at least another couple of weeks but when that happens, I will only listen to it once, or at least I will try. I have the issue that when I really enjoy a song, I fall into the trap that I listen to it over and over and over again. Sometimes the song sticks but other times it doesn't.

To get to the point, I will pose two questions:

1. What is your "Get This Song Out of my Head before I go Crazy Song"? If you don’t have one, find one. It will be your saving grace one day. Make sure that it is a song that won’t get stuck in your head.

And

2. What is the most annoying song that has ever been stuck in your head and for how long? Perhaps, you still have a song stuck in your head that tragically has been in your head for a decade. That would be terrible, don't you think? My apologies if that is your case.

Now for a "Felicite Comes" related topic: I have been irresponsible for the past week or so. I have not touched any editing at all. I must repent, move on, and edit. Life just gets a wee bit too busy sometimes and in the way for that matter. I really just want to get past this stage so that I can move on to bigger and better things like finding my agent! He or she will come (maybe riding a white horse too. My knight in shining, “I am going to get your book published”, armor)!

No comments:

Post a Comment