Friday, September 17, 2010

Writer by Night


Because I have full-time employment, when I get home at night, the last thing that I want to do is write/edit. Because of the necessity of being employed, it has also been a necessity to spend my free time writing, “Felicite Comes”. The motivation has come from the fact that I know that the novel’s plot is phenomenal. I desire others to have the opportunity to read and enjoy it one day.
I think that it would be refreshing to be a well-established and published writer because then I would not have to worry about working full-time, thus I would be able to fully devote my time to writing. That is the career path that I desire more than anything! Although, when I am a well-established and published writer, I will look back at this time as valuable and priceless because of the fact that I was able to work full-time and write a novel at the same time too. Most well-established writers started their writing careers in the same position that I am in right now – working during the day and writing at night. Puts a new name to “Night Writer” (Knight Rider – does anyone remember that show??? I remember the days of watching it and thinking it was so cool!) Excuse my tangent…
I desire to applaud, congratulate and honor aspiring writers, especially if you are employed at the same time. It is not easy to do both when you are tired at arriving home, but it is worth it.
Writing this post has been very cathartic for me. It has helped me to remember that writing is fun. That, even though, I spend my free time writing, the time spent should be enjoyable and fun. There is no way to express the joy that comes when your little idea of a novel is, chapter by chapter, coming to life on the page. What could be more of a motivational factor to writing with dedication and faith in the novel then to remember that it is fun? Writing is fun and is a great way to spend your free time.
All the hard work and lost free time, hopefully, will pay off in the near future for all of us aspiring writers who, out of necessity, must work during the day just to be a writer by night!

No comments:

Post a Comment