Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chocolates Anonymous

I am munching on Pretzel M&M’s. They're deliciousness in marble-sized form. Have I mentioned that I love chocolate? I have an undeniable sweet tooth. Alright, I can deny chocolate, but it's still tempting. I should form a group called Chocolate’s Anonymous (C.A.). C.A. would be a chocolate treats potluck group, but blindfolds would be required to protect the identity of its members. Why not enjoy the chocolaty goodness with others, even if you have no idea who they are.
You may ask, “How would you know who to invite without knowing their identity?”
“Oh, technicalities, technicalities,” I shrug.
“Well, aren’t such groups supposed to help someone quit doing a bad habit?”
“Oh, technicalities, technicalities,” I repeat and move on with my train of thought.

Anyway, here my favorite chocolate treats that I would bring to C.A.:

1. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with Cheerios. Yes, you read correctly. When I was a little girl, my sweet tooth was biting, so I plopped a few scoops of chocolate chip ice cream into a bowl. A strange thought popped into my mind to put Cheerios in the ice cream. “It just might taste nummy,” I thought. I took notice that the ice cream was too solid to mix the Cheerios in, so I started to stir, stir, and stir it some more until it was smooth. This was before my family got a microwave. Yep, I’m that old. JK I poured some of the cereal into the chocolate chip ice cream and stirred some more. With anticipation of its taste, I spooned some of the ice cream cheerio concoction into my mouth. The moment I tasted it, I was in love.
2. Hot from the Oven Cookie and Ice Cream Sandwich. Make some chocolate chip cookies. Right when you take them out of the oven, put one in a bowl and place a scoop of ice cream on it. Put another cookie on top of that and add more ice cream. To finish it off slid another hot cookie on top of the ice cream and drizzle chocolate sauce on top. Voila! You have a delicious treat. By the time you eat it, some of the ice cream will have melted. I prefer to use cookies and cream ice cream for this one.
3. Pretzels dipped in Nutella. If you've ever tried Nutella, you'll know this is to die for.

My Pretzel M&M’s are gone now, but the sweet tooth has been appeased. I don’t feel like eating chocolate anymore—at least for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment