Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Sad Tale of the Running Nose

My week has been a bit rocky thus far. Well, the rockiness started on Saturday afternoon. While editing my novel, my nose started dripping. By the time I went to bed that night, I knew the evil cold had taken root.
Here’s how I've spent my time the last three days:
Sunday: slept, slept, slept and slept some more. Could not sleep at all Sunday night. I ended up reading almost 100 pages of the first book in “The Mortal Instruments” series by Cassandra Clare. Good book! I’d recommend it.
Monday: Called in sick to work, attempted to sleep with not much success. Went to the doctor with the intent of getting a shot in my bum to make me better super fast. Got the said shot, started to leave the doctor’s office, luckily sat down before I passed out right in the waiting room, and then waited until the stars stopped floating. Totally scary! I thought,
how in the devil am I gonna drive home? Also, I was burning up and about to cry. Once, I got my bearings straight, I called my dad to drive me home, cause there was no way for me to safely drive. Yes, that's the second time, in that very doctor’s office, I've almost passed out because of getting a shot. Maybe I can start a record? Anyway, now that I look back on the experience, I really wish I could have been a fly on the wall watching the event unravel. I was probably white as a sheet and looked drugged. The rest of the day accrued many more sleepless attempts, neck throbbing because I had to double up the pillows in order to not drown in my own . . . I’ll leave that up to your own imagination. Hint: It’s a 4 letter word starting with an “S”, ending with a “T” and an “NO” in between. So, I spent most of last night watching X-Files episodes because I didn’t want to inadvertently die in my sleep for the above-mentioned reason.
Tuesday (Today): Didn’t go to work again. Luckily from 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. I slept peacefully. I visited the chiropractor in hopes he could get my poor neck back in order from the crappy sleeping situation. I ate and slept a bit and read more of “The Mortal Instruments".
I indulge you, or maybe bore you with this sob story of mine for good reason. Why, oh why, can’t there be an incubator that induces sleep so I can sleep away my cold symptoms until I'm in tip top shape. If anyone knows of such technology or is developing such a miracle system of getting over a cold, please, oh please, let me know. Wouldn’t that be lovely to sleep away a cold? Wake up all better and not need to go through the sleepless nights, blowing your nose, feeling achy, and having a fever.
Anyway, I am still under the weather with high hopes that I’ll be feeling awesome way soon. Cross you fingers and send me
sleep well vibes tonight cause I really want to sleep. I even bought a humidifier to help me sleep. Much love to you all and prayers that you won’t get bitten by the evil and dreaded cold bug.

1 comment:

  1. Jules, I hope you are feeling better. Great post by the way, I am feeling for you.

    ReplyDelete