Monday, January 10, 2011

Healthy Food Diet

I started a healthy food diet last week. I did pretty well except for Friday. I blame that on my old boss who was having a going away party. JK  Kirk you will be missed. Plus, how can I pass up peanut butter bars. Seriously.  Mmm, just thinking about them makes me hungry for the sweet taste and textured goodness. Back to the point, the diet is a 12 week program that includes menus for meals and an exercise program. I'm sort of excluding the exercise program because I don’t have time, and I feel that my three times a week doing the elliptical at the gym is sufficient. Could probably see better results if I went all the way and did the weights, but alas, I choose not to.
Note: I’ll be the first to admit that I eat really bad. Therefore, I am doing this diet in hopes that I can shape up my eating habits, thus becoming HEALTHIER. Plus, the loss of weight will be an added bonus.
The diet has you eat 6 small meals a day, and every week has a different set of meals for that particular week. At the end of the 12 weeks, you have a whole heap of healthy meals that you can eat thereafter. It’s AWESOME!
This week’s dinner is AMAZINGNESS! Here is the recipe--I altered the recipe slightly to my taste.
Picture of Couscous--it's a food of the gods.
4 oz cooked chicken
2 ½ TB Couscous (I put in a bit more cause I love this stuff)
¼ cup onions
½ cup bell peppers
Spice to taste
Add some Dole cole slaw mix for added veges.
Cook with some olive oil.
Layer the chicken and vegetable mix on top of couscous and enjoy.
Mmm, I loved it enough to write a blog post about it. Try it and let me know what you think.
Have a Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment