Monday, March 7, 2011

Blabbings by an Aspiring Writer

I have no idea what to post today. Does anyone have any suggestions? JK. I think I'm just going to blab. I'm good at blabbing.
I went to this really cool thing on Saturday. It was a dinner for a bunch of Utah book bloggers and Utah writers. I met a couple Twitter friends. It was cool to see them in person. I even met up with a high school classmate. She is a writer, too. That was great. I have decided that Utah is just a talented place. We have tons of dancers who have been on So You Think You Can Dance, and I'm starting to see that Utah has a lot of writers coming out of the woodwork. People should totally move to Utah if they want to be talented. Tehehe. I'm funny!

On another note, I am feeling more motivated to write. Last week I was in a writing mid-life crisis. I felt like this monkey:


Now, I am coming out of the depressive, sleepy state with added devotion to my manuscript. It needs a lot of work, but I am up for the challenge. Ok, I am still apprehensive to be completely honest. Ick, I'm scared.


Sometimes a manuscript is like a puzzle. You have all of these pieces and have no idea where they should go. It is daunting because the pieces are so similar. The edge pieces go in first--the foundation, and then you have to plop all the other ones in to have it make sense. It takes time and a lot of patience. Hopefully, in the end it looks like the picture on the box.  Or in other words, what is envisioned in my head.


Well, I hope I have given you something entertaining enough to make you follow my blog. The more followers I have the better. I want you graced on my blog with your pic on the sidebar. What do ya say? Click follow and all your dreams will come true. Uh, not really, but at least you'll be making my dreams come true. Dream--100 followers. That would be cool.

Thanks! Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the monkey picture. I can relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I was the monkey but only cuddling under a lot of blankets. Thanks for the follow! Just 30 followers left to get to 100. I should give away something once I get to 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete