Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The BIG Four

My love for music pretty much equals the adoration I have for books. Traveling is equal, too, but not as easily accessible.  Today, my love for music is gonna trump books and traveling. Why? Because, my friends, today will mark the big fourth time I will see my absolute favorite band in concert--U2. I have adored them since 1997. It goes back a little farther, though. With having grown up with an older brother and sister who loved 80's music, U2 was a part of their listening enjoyment.

Alas, a year and four months wait to see the phenomenal U2 is almost here. Tonight is the night! And I will be dancing and yelling my voice horse and singing along with Bono--even if he can't hear my voice for the crowd. Perhaps I will get to dance with him this time. Wish me luck. haha. 
In honor of the concert, I am posted some of my favorite U2 songs for you (and me) to enjoy this fine May 24, 2011. Enjoy the tunes because it is a "Musical Journey" as Larry Mullen Jr. would say.

Before you listen to the glorious and perfect songs, which band is YOUR favorite and why?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

2 comments:

  1. U2 is one of my all time favorites. I had 3rd row seats once several years ago. I ended up giving my ticket away at the last minute for a good reason, but that's another story. I don't regret missing it, but I sure wish I could have worked it out. At least my buddy who went, told me all about it. Have fun! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having your playlist handy. I've totally been listening to my favorites all week.

    ReplyDelete