Friday, July 6, 2012

Month of July Goals


It's reporting times, folks. Yay and a few woots all around! Here's how I did with my Month of June Goals:
  • Read The Mortal Instruments: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare ---> Getting there...
  • Complete an edit of my wip: BOUND ---> Super Check. Oh, I love this story
  • Hand off BOUND to one more round of betas ---> I'm pretty confident with where it's at right now. I'll hand it off to my agent soon
  • Beta a friend's book ---> I've started going through it
  • Continue forward with my no sweets diet. ---> I went an entire 22 days without sweets as per my detox plan.
  • Exercise three times a week ---> Check. I'd like to thank the gym facility where I work and having an hour long lunch break
Here are my Month of July Goals:
  • Beta a couple books
  • Start reading Beyonders: Seeds of Rebellion by Brandon Mull 
  • Continue exercising three days a week
  • Only have one treat a week on Fridays
  • Start the first draft of BOUND's sequel. I so can't wait
As always, I ask: what are your Month of July goals? You can voice your successes from last month as well.

Writing. Jewels.

24 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    My big goal this month is to get the first draft of my new WiP complete. (I started it on Monday.) It's a crazy goal but so far I've really been able to do well toward that goal. I'm pushing close to 10K right now so it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm *cheering* you on, Stephanie!!! You can totally do this thing.

      Delete
  2. Nice job! I'm hoping to finish my current round of revisions on WIP #1 so I can start querying, and begin WIP #2!

    Have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rooting for you with querying. Bring on the cool stage of connecting with agents! You can do it, babes!

      Delete
  3. Good job. My goal continues to be not to make any goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you're such a list-maker and then get to cross things off when they're done. Crossing things off always looks good and makes you feel you accomplished something. I find my lists get longer and more confusing as I go. I just wing it now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how ya feel. Sometimes I fall into wing it mode. But sharing my goals with the blogosphere helps me to accomplish them, even if some of them aren't completely completed. haha Just keep on writing, Lexa.

      Delete
  5. BOUND SEQUEL! BOUND SEQUEL! BOUND SEQUEL!!! Squeeeeeeeeee!!!

    Sorry.

    That might be a tad bit much for a blog comment, but seriously, I love that story and I am so excited for you to be working on the next part of it!

    Also, what are you thinking of City of Lost Souls? I read it and I have thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, Gina! You're making me blush. *fans face* I'm glad I've got a fan of BOUND in you! I sent you a DM about COLS.

      Delete
  6. I know I'm the odd one out but I didn't like the Mortal Instruments series. I read a couple and they just didn't do it for me. Shrug. I think I'm the only one.

    July I plan to continue to query and work on my new idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've liked The Mortal Instruments but am getting sick of the whole steamy-ness of it. I don't think I'll read any further.

      Good luck on querying. You can do it!

      Delete
  7. Oh you work at a gym? There must be nice..ahem...scenery there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I don't work at a gym. I work at a university that has a gym facility there. Man, I didn't make that very clear did I! :D

      Delete
  8. Good stuff! Keep up the writing stuff and the healthy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your progress with BOUND! You have some great July goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great goals. My major goal for the month is to finish this darn rewrite. Grrr.

    Congrats on the progress so far and good luck completing the rest of them. We're rooting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those *darn pesky* rewrites. You can get through it tho. I definitely know how blasted hard rewrites can be.

      *cheers you on*

      Delete
  11. Congrats on doing well with your goals! Good luck with this month! I love reading everyone's goals. :)

    ReplyDelete