Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Angels Night Out: Becca Fitzpatrick et al... And Happy Halloween

First of all... HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

*BOO*

Did I scare ya? Obviously. *grins*

Anyway, last week I had the amazing opportunity to meet Becca Fitzpatrick, author of the HUSH HUSH saga. The release party (called "Angels Night Out") for the last book in the series, FINALE, took place that night at the Provo Utah Library (where Fitzpatrick envisioned some of the scenes in the first book). What the perfect setting for the event, eh? Well, the party was sort of this cocktail-esque-with-hot-guys-strutting-around-the-ballroom-in-tight-jeans-and-t-shirts-while-serving-drinks-and-hor-dourves type of an unforgettable gala. And did I mention there was nummy-to-my-tummy cupcakes? Oh, nope, you're still swooning over the gorgeous hot guys, aren't you? Admit it!

The cool thing about the party was dressing up. On the ticket it said,

"Patrons are encouraged to wear angels wings and dress in red, black, or white."

Oh, I wore each one of the colors and wings to boot. Aren't I to die for? Well, the cool person is right next to me: Becca Fitzpatrick. So cool!


Well, not only was Becca and I to die for... BUT... the model (Drew Doyon) who posed as HUSH HUSH's character Patch on the book covers attended the event as well. Now how is that for way-beyond-the-universe cool? Well, it was awesome! And I've got the picture to prove it.


Three other amazing authors were in attendance, too: Kresley Cole, Tonya Hurley, and Elizabeth Miles. They were a delight to talk with and gave me some killer good advice (more to come on next week's Insecure Writer's Support Group post).


Have you ever been to a book release party? Have you met some really awesome authors? Who? Let's share and gloat for a bit. haha

    Writing. Jewels.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I totally got distracted by the mental image of hot guys in tight jeans. But I think you're making that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to meet the author and the model? Very cool. Like your wings. Never been to a release party but I have met Terry Brooks.

    ReplyDelete