Friday, October 5, 2012

Month of October Goals

Wow! Has September already come and gone? How is that possible? It just barely started. And that means that October is here and I have to report on my goals from last month. I felt far better last month than I did during the summer. What a relief!

Anyway, here's how my September goals panned out:
  • Finish beta'ing my sister-in-laws book CHECK and by golly it's a great book. Be ready to read stuff by Robin LuBean King, kids
  • Read Insurgent  by Veronica Roth SUPER CHECK and wow, what a great book! It's official, I'm back into reading.
  • Keep pluggin along with my new project, SPHERICAL (a dystopian novel) CHECK. I didn't do much but it's coming along
  • Edit one of my own works No check, I am waiting to get my second book BOUND back from a CP
  • Be social CHECK. I even went on two dates with the same guy. No interest there, though. And I spent time with friends, so that's great
  • Go camping with my sister CHECK Refer to the blog post I wrote about the camping trip
So, here's looking October straight in the eyes. But I have to tell you that I started a new job. Today is my fifth day on the job. I will be learning this job, so I might be overwhelmed with it all. I hope my goals won't stress me out more. Anyway, here are my goals:
  • Read BEYONDERS: SEEDS OF REBELION by Brandon Mull
  • Finish listening to DIE FOR ME by Amy Plum (audio books are awesome)
  • I'm going to save writing more of SPHERICAL for NaNoWriMo, especially with all I'm going to be doing this month
  • If I have time, I'll edit some or all of another project
  • Start my new job, love it, and learn it fast
  • Find a new place to live in Salt Lake City before I'm driven mad by the long commute
  • Enjoy my half birthday tomorrow, October 6, 2012. Yes, I celebrate my half birthdays. What can I say? I love birthdays!
  • Recuperate from spraining my ankle. Silly me
What are your goals for this month? Have you read any good books lately? And how is life treating you?

*Mwah*

    Writing. Jewels.

16 comments:

  1. Enjoy learning the new job! Do hope you find someplace closer to live. Long commutes are never fun.
    My latest is with my critique partners, so editing again won't begin until November. Guess I need to work on the synopsis. Stupid synopsis...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Icky synopsis. I've written two so far. Not fun. But writing the second one was far easier than the first. Practice makes perfect, for sure. Good luck, Alex.
      PS: The job is going well. I'm learning a lot of great things and fast. Phew! And I found a place to live. I move in on October 20. Just a bit over a week and I'm down to a 15 minutes commute. Yay!

      Delete
  2. Because it's Banned Book Week, I've been reading some of the top 10 banned books of the last year.

    Also, you could totally handle the commute when the train starts running at the beginning of December, but I loved living in Salt Lake. Different vibe than Provo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banned Book Week... You would do that. haha
      Yeah, Front Runner zooming its way down to Orem would be convenient but it wouldn't be soon enough. I thought about taking the bus but that would be a two hour commute both ways. Ugh I'm way excited to move to SLC. Like you said, there's a different vibe there.
      I'll miss you stopping by to visit me at my old job. Darn!

      Delete
  3. That's good progress. Go, you! Good luck on finding new accommodations. I made that commute for 4 1/2 and hated it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 1/2 years. Ack. That would totally suck. I've noticed, though that I've already started to get used to the drive. But alas, come October 20 I'll be moving to SLC. I found a place. Yay!

      Delete
  4. Long commutes are hard, but they give you lots of time for audiobooks in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already listened to one audio book... DIE FOR ME by Amy Plum. It was fantastic and the narrator was brilliant. Her first name is Julia so she automatically has to be cool. haha

      Delete
  5. Have a happy half-birthday! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My half birthday was good. I won't actually be celebrating it until Saturday. I have a good friend whose half birthday is October 10. We do something every year for our halfsies and real bdays. We are the coolest ever! haha

      Delete
  6. Great September. Hope October goes well for you! I like your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! My goals are already going well. Sweet.

      Delete
  7. Wow, my real birthday is tomorrow (Sunday!) My goal is to be given lots of books. I've asked for Divergent. Hope I get it!

    Good luck with this month! I also have a new job coming up in a couple of weeks. I hope I can adjust to it, because it's my first one in four years. o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your birthday was fabulous! :D Happy Birthday, Nick! I hope you get get Divergent. It is way good. Then you'll have to hurry up and buy Insurgent. That one likewise is amazing. One of the best second books in a series I've read.
      Good luck with your new job. I'm sending you adjusting to the new job vibes. :D

      Delete
  8. Good luck with your goals this month, and your new job! Exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete