Friday, April 12, 2013

Smiling all the Way From A to Z -- K

On to the letter K, I smile because of...

KINGS

If you haven't noticed already, my last name is King. I really, really, really (with double fudge frosting and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups on top) love my last name. It is wicked cool. But more than loving my last name, I love my family.

I have a fantastic mom and dad who support me so much. My dad has probably read my books more times than anyone. Bless his heart for reading the rough versions. My mom is a sweet angel, one of the best people ever.

My siblings are truly the best--an older sister and an older brother. All three of us have names that start with J. Of course, my parents say they didn't do that on purpose. I beg to differ, though. Why? Well, my dad is an identical twin. His twins  two sons' names start with J. Go figure...

My siblings married fantastic spouses. And my brother and his wife have three hyper rugrat boys, a princess little girl, and a baby boy on the way next month. Life would be extremely dull without those little ones in my life.

I rather enjoyed living in London years ago, therefore, I love Kings--real Kings. And ya know what? According to some of the genealogy research my dad has undertaken, my family is related to an Italian King way back when. Pretty nifty! I want some gelato now. Nums

Are you a fan of royalty? Do you like your last name? Starting with the letter K, what makes you smile?

Writing Jewels

PS: Refer to the blurb on the very top of my blogs sidebar to know why I am posting about what makes me smile. Go forward and smile!

15 comments:

  1. Related to a king - that's cool.
    My last name is unique but when I have to spell out my whole name, I wish it was a little shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then there's people like me that mis-spelled your last name. Shakes head. You are ever so forgiving. :)

      Delete
  2. I like my last name, (carolin) but people often think it is a first name or a middle name. So often people accidentally call out to me with "hey carolin!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your last name is pretty cool, not a common last name, unique for sure.

      Delete
  3. Family is the most important. Congratulations to the Kings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who's really into the royals. He tells me all the news. :)

    Happy Friday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom is a fan of the British Royals. she knows all the ins and outs. :)

      Delete
  5. You have a truly regal name. So fitting for your writing — "The king wrote this!"

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm published, I should have the books say: "The King wrote this!" instead of my name. haha Nah, my name will be on em. Love the idea, though!

      Delete
  6. King really is an awesome last name. And the fact that your related way back to a King makes it even better. My last name isn't nearly as cool, only because no one can pronounce it correctly. At least it's hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your last name is cool. I have never seen it before. It's unique for sure. :)

      Delete
  7. What a blessing it is to have a family like yours and to be aware of the blessing you have!
    http://www.melanieschulz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty lucky. I just wish more people were blessed with good family ties.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you have a great family! I do too so I can relate to the goodness. :) I am sort of torn about my last name because it gets so frustrating having to correct people's spelling of it all the time, but also I am proud of it because it's mine, and my family's. My middle name is also my mother's surname, which I quite like as a surname.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's good to hear you have a good family. Makes me happy. That would be frustrating to have to correct peoples' spelling. I get annoyed when I tell people my name is Julia and they call me Julie. Why in the devil would they think Julie is what I said. Silly, I say.
    I plan on making King a middle name when I get married. It'll be fun to say I have four names cuz I'm not giving up my middle name. :)

    ReplyDelete