Saturday, April 13, 2013

Smiling all the Way From A to Z -- L

I smile when I think of this emotion that starts with the letter L:

LOVE

It's video sharing time (Don't mind the Spanish subtitles, well, unless if you speak Spanish) ...
 

 
Moulin Rouge - Elephant Love Medley - Baz Luhrmann - 20th Century Fox
 
Doesn't this video just make you smile? I adore how it uses all sorts of love songs to form one masterful whole of a, well, love song. The song makes me smile because, yes, "love does make the world go round", it "lifts us up to where we belong", and "all you need is love."
 
I love all the people in my life from family to friends. They make me smile because I love them and they love me back, often times unconditionally. You, my followers and fellow A to Zers, all are pretty darn smile-worthy, too!
 
So, what are your favorite love songs? Do you speak Spanish? How was the translation from English to Spanish for Elephant Love Medley? Starting with the letter L, what makes you smile?
 
Writing Jewels

PS: Refer to the blurb on the very top of my blogs sidebar to know why I am posting about what makes me smile. Go forward and smile!

17 comments:

  1. Wow. Love song. Umm... Disappear by Dream Theater. It's a couple and she's on her deathbed and telling him it will be all right. Yeah, really sad, but it is about their love for each other. Sorry, best I can come up with right this minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting pick for a love song. Sad but good.

      Delete
  2. I think you had me at Ewan McGregor. Ewan McGregor indeed makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I have any favorite love songs now—I'm not feeling well today and have been trouble thinking. LOL I had a lot of favorites when I was a lovesick teenager, though.

    Have a great weekend, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww shucks, Dana. I'm sorry you're feeling sick today. I hope you get feeling better RIGHT RIGHT NOW!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm... love song, it'll be No promises by Shayne Ward...love it for some reasons!! :)


    Regards
    Kriti
    Fellow blogger from A to Z blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Great to have you here. :)

      Delete
  5. We love you, Julia! There's certainly a lot going around in the Challenge.

    Also love life, lollies, libraries... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great L words to LOVE! We all love you too. You're a champ!

      Delete
  6. I'm fluent in Spanish but didn't watch the video. Something about Moulin Rouge makes me queasy. Queen's Somebody to Love is classic and so is Led Zeppelin's Friends. I still really like Madonna's Frozen as well since it has a great message to it (and I'm not a big Madonna fan).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to worry about liking a Madonna song; she has some good tunes. :)

      Delete
  7. Moulin Rouge was super awesome in the love arena :)

    My favourite love songs tend to be written by Billy Corgan, my fave musician of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved Moulin Rouge. I think my favorite love song is "I'll Be" by Edwin Mccain. I think he just sums it up quite well when he says "I'll be the biggest fan of your life". Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had totally forgotten how wonderful this Love medley was in Moulin Rouge. Thanks for sharing it--made me smile. I mean who wouldn't want to be the lucky lady and have such a spectacular declaration of love made to her on the rooftops of Paris. Plus, Ewan McGregor . . . (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dating myself here, but I love Heaven by Brian Adams.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man oh man, am I a sucker for a good love song! Thanks for posting about things that make you smile. I don't know why I wasn't following your blog before now. I'm excited to see what more you'll come up with.

    ReplyDelete