Wednesday, December 4, 2013

IWSG: "Dam" These Insecurities

It's December! Yay! And the first week, to boot. That means it's Insecure Writers' Support Group Wednesday. Click here for more information about the amazing IWSG.
 
This month I'd like to share some "dam goat" pictures found at this link.
 
Amazing, huh? Talk about the hooves on those goats. They must walk in some sticky sap before they scale that steep climb.
 
How does this relate to my writing insecurity? Sometimes I feel like other writers can scale the writing climb better than I can. I'm not like the goats who can get all the way up there and hang on. I'm not strong enough or talented enough or good enough.
 
Or blah blah blah blah...
 
This is my insecurity in so many areas of my life. It sucks. Why can't I feel like I'm good enough? "Dam" this feeling of inadequacy.
 
Do you have these feelings? Are you struggling to keep climbing or staying put without falling off the writing roller coaster?
 
Hugs
 
Writing Jewels

13 comments:

  1. I wouldn't make a very good goat.
    There's a path up that mountain for all of us, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these feelings all the time. It's always good to learn we're not alone with these feelings, that's what I love so much about this group. Love the goat analogy. And I just love goats in general. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It is great to find support through this group and to know I'm not alone.

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes, yes, I get these feelings as well. At least we know we are not alone, right? And we can push and encourage each other, like good goats do. Still laughing at the analogy, by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the analogy. When I came up with it, I was pretty impressed with myself. :)

      Delete
  4. I try to not compare myself to other writers but instead focus on my own improvement. If you keep moving forward you will accomplish amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice, Steven. I need to focus on my own improvement. Cheers

      Delete
  5. Never thought of myself as a goat lol best to just do your own thing at your wing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of your more like a cat, to be honest.

      Delete
  6. Man, I understand this. But you know, pride is in the comparison. So either you'll find you don't measure up to these writers or you'll feel you're better than them (not YOU, but you know what I mean). So what is the best way to handle all this writerly competition? Root for yourself, root for others. Keep your eye on your own paper, and of course, KEEP WRITING!

    Hugs, Julia! Us Kings need to stick together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, this is JUST what I needed to hear. You are an angel from the Kings! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had a dear bloggy friend tell me today when i was feeling a bit down in the dumps on my own writing is that sometimes a reader goes to book store and has one choice, they scan, they read a few pages to see if it hits them, and then they make the choice. and THAT choice isn't the same for all readers. so...you're awesome writing that you do because you love to do it, is going to be appreciated by SOMEONE. so glad i found your blog and am totally rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete